Black Bean Brownies – NO FLOUR
Total Time: 15m Yield: 9-12 brownies
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (40g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (75g)
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g)
Black Bean Brownies Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well. Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
Top with extra chocolate chips and ccok the brownies for 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
If they still look a bit undercooked, and you can managed to wait, you can place them in the fridge overnight. Be careful not to overcook.
Makes 9-12 brownies.